Regarding weapons

• Now regarding weapons, it is quite confusing to me

See in general how weapons should work is like this

Sword moderate damage high attack speed

Axe higher damage but slightly slower

Mace biggest damage but slowest attack speed

However considering there is not many ways to get higher attack speed in this game I am not too sure how it should work in this game

• The first problem of the game is: There is no Attack Speed. You simply reduce the cooldown between your primary or secondary attacks. AS gives you, with a few exeptions, NOTHING when it comes to your advanced skills.

If you use the Knight main class and think about doing a spin to win build you'll realise that AS making things worse for you because you'r energy will be drained pretty fast. You don't do more attacks while you have the same energy cost nah you repeate your spin more often and increase the enrgy cost that way by a tremendous ammount.

Hammers in this game have a unique passive stat: Armor. Therfore the dmg and the AS is low.

So in my eyes the whole attack speed isn't attack speed thing makes the game worse then actual attack speed in the way we are used to could ever do. I get you'r confusion at this point :D. I tested a lot of toons if there is no way to make faster attack speeds viable and came up with 1 skill that benefits greatly from it and the one skill the left click skill from the ranger that places toxic clouds. Outside of that AS only did more harm then good.

• from everything I have read and seen theorytested (which s not a lot as not a lot out there tbh)

Poison frog Ranger skill = loves AS

every other skill in game = hates AS

Basically AS isn't worth fk all, may as well put the points into Crit or bonus damage or HP (you get the picture) basically eanything BUT AS :)

• Does the poison Fog DOT clouds stack ? ...
    What i mean... U attack... for 2 secs u put a cloud that deals 70% toxic damage every 0.5 secs...
    So a single cloud does 4x70%damage= 280% damage over these 2 secs... OR 140% damage for 1 sec

You have 0.5 attack speed and do 2 attacks per second... (even lower base damage cause of the faster weapon)

... Does this mean that for these 2 secs u can shoot 4 Times.. and sustain 4 STACKED DOT effects at ANY 0.5 secs... that way a mob will take 280% damage each 0.5 secs... or 560% every second as long as u keep shooting to sustain the 4 toxic clouds..
    As far as i know, damage from same sources doesn't stack... but u can correct me if i am wrong. If the DoT from Same skill don't stack... AS sucks for this skill too... Very easy to test.... 0.7 dagger.... 3 atacks.... watch the DOT effect on boss...

What i mean... U attack... for 2 secs u put a cloud that deals 70% toxic damage every 0.5 secs...
    So a single cloud does 4x70%damage= 280% damage over these 2 secs... OR 140% damage for 1 sec

You have 0.5 attack speed and do 2 attacks per second... (even lower base damage cause of the faster weapon)

... Does this mean that for these 2 secs u can shoot 4 Times.. and sustain 4 STACKED DOT effects at ANY 0.5 secs... that way a mob will take 280% damage each 0.5 secs... or 560% every second as long as u keep shooting to sustain the 4 toxic clouds..
    As far as i know, damage from same sources doesn't stack... but u can correct me if i am wrong. If the DoT from Same skill don't stack... AS sucks for this skill too... Very easy to test.... 0.7 dagger.... 3 atacks.... watch the DOT effect on boss...

You were right about attack speed in this game <-- however that is valid in this game only

firtly the attack speed problem number 1 is that even if you used base attacks the input lag between clicking and actually doing the said action makes it look like a clumsy doll

Secondly weapons in this game has a problem:

Weapons has a probolem because they should not only give damage and have attributes like armor resist etc

Weapons should have attack speed enchantments Damage enchantment critical amage enchantments critical hitrate enchantments

torso helmet gloves shoul have armor and resist and damage and cd

jewelry should have critical damage resist critical hitrate

boots should have runspeed

As stated before I come from Drakensang online which I played for well over 2 years.

Now I mention that because their crafting system is one of the best I have seen in any arpg to date.

However one thing

See max level in that game is level 55 and you can take all your gear to level 60 using glyphs of power

Now to me

where this game like so many other comes in is the +++ up to 12

I believe that the perfect game would enable a player to push their items up to 5 levels higher like in dso but also expand horizontally like this one and be able to make a +12

so then an item would be lvl65 and +12 or tier 10 ( t10 base being very high) and level 65 and +12

However I see not only that

I would love for a game where on every item you can do horizontal and vertical stacking.

Next a tiering system in which you can see the tier of your item in the title aka mystical axe of drama tier 3

why tier 3? well that is because you ran a 3 star dungeon.

Now with tiers added I would like to see up to 9 star dungeons

(Havent reached level 60 yet however I can safely assume that level 20 red dungeons remain level 20 on 3 star

That should actually be a level 60 dungeon with its own uniques <--- for a level 60 player

See the mobs should be level 60 for a level 60 player and level 20 for a level 20 player) <-- not sure if I explained that correctly

However there is what 1 dungeon to run for end game players?

In short all dungeons should scale to your level after reaching level 60 (or maybe just if you are group leader?)

Yes you can stack these clouds. Practcally down to 0.5 AS because the next cloud would spawn at 0 AS ^^.

Gourex No depending everything you said about equipment. If I'm right you already made it to endcontetn and you should know that such changes would ruin the whole ruined balance even more. This game needs a lot of things but no item stat overhaul for sure.

• Yes you can stack these clouds. Practcally down to 0.5 AS because the next cloud would spawn at 0 AS ^^.

Well in that case... it might be not that bad idea to build around AS... but still... no point in choosing lower speed weapon again....

But still... 2 secs is not that much time in which u can apply that many dots... best case scenario - 4 dots at a time... like perma DOT ticks at 280% damage if you manage to get the AS to 0.5... not that bad... Toxic Needles skill might be used in combination if crit build... but u can't stack its DOT with the Poison Fog one... i mean... u CAN... (as u just said) but no point .. both skills are Primary attacks... so they both share Attack speed CD... On the other hand might be stacked with Secondary Noxious Sphere skill ... for Secondary attack dot for 3 secs... with one of the primary DOTS... thing is the skill requires 22 Energy per cast... And u wont have ANY energy regained from Poisonous Fog OR Toxic Needles primary skills... cause both don't have any energy regain.... SO i am still on the side of Big Raw damage and low AS using a combo with CD advanced skills combo like Malign Flip, Hate Trap, Eruption etc.... maybe supplemented with the secondary Noxious Sphere.... Anyway... thanks for the info i learned something new... this will be useful for me in future... for my 15lvl Ranger who is collecting dust :)

• Gourex No depending everything you said about equipment. If I'm right you already made it to endcontetn and you should know that such changes would ruin the whole ruined balance even more. This game needs a lot of things but no item stat overhaul for sure.

So youre saying that there should be only 1 dungeon that is level 60?

• Nah I just say that weapon balance should be untouched. Stats like AS and crit chance on times will bust everything. Look at weapon balance right now. Take 2 handed weapons for example. The inability of the devs to balance 2 handed weapons vs dual wield or sword and board is a realy bad joke. Things would only get messier if they change stuff there. Look at the asian versions that already shut down and are republished now. There were already so much wrongs changeing the the Stat core design will rip things appart.

There are other things they should look at like some kind of compensation for loosing 6 rune slots and stats from a second Item in the offhand, they have just an obsolate weaponclass that is only good for some realy specific things. Now look at this gap and you want them to introduce extra stats? Hell no! They should fix what is broken and show us that they are able to do more then bad designchoices aka Attack Speed, bugged skills and passives, falling through maps, get quests reset, random dissconnects and so on and so forth. Don't get me wrong... spread your suggestions, make a clean thread about your ideas maybe they like it and use it, but right now it would be a bad choice to change fundamentals when the game is still in a flawed state. It saddens me a bit because I mostly enjoy GoE but sometimes when I look at it all the bad stuff is just to much.

• Nah I just say that weapon balance should be untouched. Stats like AS and crit chance on times will bust everything. Look at weapon balance right now. Take 2 handed weapons for example. The inability of the devs to balance 2 handed weapons vs dual wield or sword and board is a realy bad joke. Things would only get messier if they change stuff there. Look at the asian versions that already shut down and are republished now. There were already so much wrongs changeing the the Stat core design will rip things appart.

There are other things they should look at like some kind of compensation for loosing 6 rune slots and stats from a second Item in the offhand, they have just an obsolate weaponclass that is only good for some realy specific things. Now look at this gap and you want them to introduce extra stats? Hell no! They should fix what is broken and show us that they are able to do more then bad designchoices aka Attack Speed, bugged skills and passives, falling through maps, get quests reset, random dissconnects and so on and so forth. Don't get me wrong... spread your suggestions, make a clean thread about your ideas maybe they like it and use it, but right now it would be a bad choice to change fundamentals when the game is still in a flawed state. It saddens me a bit because I mostly enjoy GoE but sometimes when I look at it all the bad stuff is just to much.

Now who said they should implement it now?

Let them fix all that and all that

Then look at how we can have better item choices and gear

Higher energy and energy regen being one of them

example maybe an off hand item that increases energy regen?

• Energy managment is so far the only benefit of 2 handed weapons. If they change it anyhow it should stick to 2 handed weapons with a substential dmg buff making up for 6 rune slots and the lost stats.

What do you exactly want when you say better item choices? More choices outside of "Axe is the best weapon class ingame hands down." or do you simply want to add more and more stuff like you mentioned somewhere above? Right now it looks like "I want because... reasons!" why do you want to change what? On what numeric eveidence? Examples?

• Energy managment is so far the only benefit of 2 handed weapons. If they change it anyhow it should stick to 2 handed weapons with a substential dmg buff making up for 6 rune slots and the lost stats.

What do you exactly want when you say better item choices? More choices outside of "Axe is the best weapon class ingame hands down." or do you simply want to add more and more stuff like you mentioned somewhere above? Right now it looks like "I want because... reasons!" why do you want to change what? On what numeric eveidence? Examples?

Well think about it:

If you had crit base in items you will be able to spend less on crit in attributes and more on damage

even though there is drops for 3 classes they can further be devided into offensive and defensive

The reason is it will make rune crafting easier and more specific

Anyways this game is kinda very different

Let me make an example in other games you get armor, hp and resist.

In this game even though you get armor it is kind of absolute because you get damage resistance

then you also get 55 other forms of resist block rate block power and dodge.

To me

Yes for global resist, yes for global armor, yes for blockrate and block strength

dodge chance and hit chance is kind of a hit and miss for me

Let me explain

Or maybe you can explain to me how to calculate a players dps in this game

Because the way I see it first you have to have hit chance

then you need penetration

then you need damage and critical rat and then critical damage and (attack speed)

So how you wanna calc dps with all that going on?

Imagine: "I have 5k damage :D" yes but your hit chance is 5%

Anyways tell me what makes an axe the best weapon in the game pls...

Edited once, last by Gourex ().

• Anyways tell me what makes an axe the best weapon in the game pls...

BASE RAW Damage, that's what makes the AXE best. Let me put it in red for you...

Same goes for the one handed...

Axe 1h - 1610 damage - 1 Attack speed

Sword 1h - 1449 - 0.9 Attack speed

Dagger 1h - 1127 - 0.7 Attack speed

Energy managment is so far the only benefit of 2 handed weapons. If they change it anyhow it should stick to 2 handed weapons with a substential dmg buff making up for 6 rune slots and the lost stats.

It is not only Energy... Usually people pick light armor for further damage... EVERY same piece of equipment tier changed from light to heavy is with Damage/armor ratio - 1 (damage) : 16 (armor) ... so u sacrifice 16 armor for 1 damage... and vise versa...

Choosing to sacrifice the shield for the RAW Damage of a Two handed axe is with ratio 1 : 7 ... so more than twice the benefit if you decide to gain damage from light pieces and sacrifice armor for it... IT is true... u sacrifice 15% base block AND 6 runes (if comparing with 1h Axe u lose 0.2 Attack speed going from 1 to 1.2) but the damage increase is 60% more... and that is compared with the slowest 1h weapon - the 1h axe. If you do that with faster weapon that difference will become higher... and not only that... the enchant is 2% of BASE RAW dps - so u will get 51 damage for each enchant of that 2h axe linked above... 5 runes (if you have basis or lame epic rune inserted) won't make up for the 60% more base damage LOSS... which then gets multiplied by weapon Attack ... General Attack... passives, stats... then by crit damage etc.... that slot is the BEST place to get pure damage increase... u cant get raw damage anywhere else.. except around 250 form Compendium OR picking light armor.

Edited once, last by Twizted ().

• Lets talk damage numbers here:

Damage as far as I know can be broken down into 3 categories

primary damage

relative damage

Absolute damage

Primary damage is base damage of a build with out any gear equipped and without any % added

relative damage is all the base damage amounts combined

and absolute damage is % increase

Now lets say your relative damage is 2000 and your absolute is 50%

that would equate to 3000 damage

now 3000 base @ 400% critical damage = 12k crits @ 100% base damage

What kind of numbers does your builds push in crit sizes vs lvl60 mobs?

EDIT:

Am asking this because vs lvl 59 mobs I am pushing 3.7 to 4.2k crits and I am only level 55

EDIT EDIT:

By what % does penetration and weapon mastery affect your damage on mobs?

Edited 3 times, last by Gourex ().

• Maybe I should drink another 2 cups of tee before I answer this one buuuut, here I go :D.

You'r attack stat on your char sheet is a good oriantation for the dmg you should do + your crit modifier if you crit.

When you are lover level then the enemys all calculations get a hickup and you do less dmg overall. Some minmaxed Endgmae numbers are 5k pen on your main dmg types and arround 9k-10k crit dmg without compendium for a damage heavy build.

Another take on your crit on gear example:

Let's take Ranger, let's take the passives for 55% more raw dmg, now we put on crit gear, have crit from the compendium and crit from the attributes and skills and easiely end up at 80% crit chance. Now we skill even more into damage and reach the 200% dmg mark without a sweat, now we always deal double dmg. I hope you get the point. If they change their approach on this they have to change a lot of code and math fundamentals they used so far. I'm almost 100% sure this won't happen.

• Attack and Defense stats on ur character screen doesn't tell you anything...

They are just there to make an approximate try to Describe how powerful ur character is

Personally i don't even care what's the formula to get that specific number there calculated by the game... Which combines AS, raw damage, crit, penetration etc...

(Like knowing that the answer to the universe, life, and all things in world is 42)
    Just leave this stat alone... i even wonder why people even ask.. "Whats ur attack... or whats ur defense" like that is teeling them something..

Now, about damage u deal exactly 0 damage when naked...

u are still naked but u have 50 damage from compendium

now where ur DAMAGE is shown on char screen it is again 50.

When you put taht axe from above RAW base damage (the small numbers below)
    You have 2577 + 50 (from your compendium = 2627

That is why i said earlier " The big Yellow noobtrap numbers) - this is 2147.5 written in BIG YELLOW NUMBERS ON the axe

Now... 2627 damage lets assume u dont have light armor pieces... so NO additional base damage.

General attack and Specific weapon attacks are additive...

For example you have 2000 General atack added in ITEMS - thats around 20% more weapon increased damage

You also have 500 Axe mastery which is around 4% increased damage with Axes.

they are additive... so 24%

so u have 2627 x 1.24 = 3257,48 (U DO NOT see this number on ur Char screen)

You also do not see Ur DPS Damage Per second) on your character screen... u Only see it on your Axe Self damage.

As we already stated DPS is important ONLY as long as u use Primary attacks that Reload Faster, cause of your Faster weapon, or increased AS. and Some secondary skills that are NO CD.. but AS based cooldowns.

with every other skill u will deal the damage above... assuming no multiplier

the the next Damage increases act multiplicative

You have a skill that does 200% damage.

3257,48 x 2 = 6514,96

Now you have crit Chance... and Crit damage (with diminishing returns)....

Your BASE crit damage is 50% more damage (with No crit DAMAGE investment AT ALL)

u crit u deal 6514,96 x 1.5 = 9772,44

so If you have Crit damage 200%... (50% base + 150% from invested crit damage runes) ur crit damage is not 6514,96 x 2... its 6514,96 x3...

Your REGULAR 6514,96 + 200% MORE ADDED cause it is a crit so that leads to 6514,96 + 6514,96 x 2 = 19544 Damage dealed

Now the monster has Block... u have block penetration stat to reduce the chance of that monster block

Mobs also have Armor - You have skills that reduce monster armors

And.. mobs have Resistances For that u have Penetration

Also BTW.. there is Dodge - where the opposite offensive stat for that is HIT

now There are several things you should know here about the Resistance / Penetration stuff.

Resistances on mobs act the same way as on us.. they have Diminishing returns... Same as Penetration

That is the reason when drag your mouse over Penetration u only seee "Resistances cannot go below 0)

The moment you should stop putting Penetration is the same moment when you Would stop puttin Resistances runes in ur Equipment...

What I mean.... (on lvl 60)

At 2000 to All resistances ur Reduction is 30%

At 3000 To all resistances ur Reduction is 38%

At 5000 To all resistances ur reduction is 48%

At 6500 to all resistances ur reduction is 55%

At 8000 to all resistances ur reduction is 59%

So U just more than Quadruple ur resistances from 2k to 8k and from 30% can barely reach to 60%...

....So.... now u come along with ur 2000 Penetration..

Ill give you several Scenarios here...

1... U meet a mob with 0 Resitances to the specific type of damage u dealing and invested Penetration runes in ur equip...

Resistances Cannot go below 0... so your invested Runes in Equipment for Penetration - WASTED - no point of them .. AT ALL

2. U meet a mob with 2k resistances - u drop Mob Resistance from 2k to ZERO and u deal him 30% More damage cause mob LOST all resitances. - BEST CASSE scenario - penetration rules !

3. U meet a mob with 8k resistances ... now u Penetrate 2k of his resistances... and Drop from 59% reduction to around 53%... Congratulations - u just dealt 6% more damage to that high resistant mob with your 2000 invested Penetration in Runes.

I am not Saying Penetration sucks... All i am saying is it acts the same way as Resistances.. and its just not effective at ANY given time :)

Edited 3 times, last by Twizted ().

• Sure the attack value on your char screen is just a orientation. If I have no block pen, resi pen and armor pen and such stuff but only the dmg of the weapon and the AS you'll see that the number is pretty accurate. It only getÄs flawed because block pen, resi pen and all that stuff is arteficaly integrated.

Your post is correct from top to bottom when it comes to numbers. As long as we don't know our maximum possible dmg we without resi pen we can not say something about the usefullness of resi pen. The guides with the ~5k resi pen are a bit dated but it looks like that was the sweet spot for 2 star Chaos Temple. On the other hand I still calculate if the 1.5% resi pen skillnodes are better then the 0.5% dmg nodes but this will take almost forever because rune grinding is a biatch ^^.

Right now I still think, depending on the class and passive, that 50% crit chance and 200% crit dmg are mandatory even for tanks... this makes me sad :D. 300% more agro of no dmg is still no dmg. So is every damage dealer in group play forced to pick priest as second class to skill all the -agro skills ^^?

I still hope they fix the bugs in the game and then iron out all the self made flaws. Twisted what is your take on 2handed weapons? I still think they should get some passive bonuses just like dualwield. Something like 25% increased energy reg and/or 10% sheet dmg bonus or stuff like that. Do you realy think they should do arround 100 less flat dmg then dual wield without any benefits? We loose 4 enchants, 6 rune slots, dmg and luckyly 15% AS and we don't have the to hit cap to invest into. Sure 2handed weapons feel more bursty but that's simply relateable to the AS fiasco ingame, outside of this you are never as efficent as someone using S&B or Dualwield.

• I haven't looked at any guides to be honest... I also think looking at them is not a good idea at all... taking a look for Crafting / Compendium / Game mechanics is informative, and still up to date... Builds... not so much. Not that they have changed skills or stats or runes, but because the increased difficulty of the game.. Especially on 3star Dungeons, where ALL ur endgame is gonna take place... Yesterday an old player with full light epic dropped dead at Horde lvl 10. So I am pretty sure horde is changed too... Some Old players who used to play with light can't handle the 3star in its current increased difficulty... Like Kanu said in some posts before, cause he has old character in the NA/SA server... something like "Before 3star was Hard, now its just pure Hell"... I heard the same words from Dukeofheal (who logged several days ago - a lot of his guides we using atm inclucing compendium for Buelta) ...

And you have to be able to do 3star in +/- 10 lvl difference... and not only Do it, but do it FAST ! ... those 5300 Jades for a single Epic ain' gonna collect themselves alone... if you want to get top tier difficulty Epic gear then u gotta be able to do 3star. If you ok with farming pigs on the field.... questing around.. casually.. yeah but if you plan on going 3star... u need a lot more rethinking ur build and equipment shoice.. So that said... those builds.. old ones might be misleading, NOT up to date, and i am pretty sure lots of people who are just following them will get disappointed.

About penetration i like knowing what i am investing in.. and what returns i might get... 5k penetration - OK - why ? Mobs have a max Resistances of X ? we dont know that, We don't have a table with mobs resistances to different elements. And its individual for every single boss/mob... its just too much unknown things to invest i mean intentionally in penetration... I have some penetration... usually in enhancements when i don't want to roll more... but 5k is a lot.. considering 60lvl runes give around 200.. that's 25 Runes thats 1/3 of you Equipment full of ONLY Penetration runes...

Another reason why some people go penetration is for NON crit builds.. Being a NON crit Leaves u no other way of increasing ur damage output By runes, except the penetration... so look it it that way... a person who puts 5k pen and no crit thinks like "Well, its better than nothing" .. just no other offensive option for runes....

About Two handed - I plan on playing 2 handed.. i started 2h.. t hen dual.. then shield 1h.. and i will most probably end up 2h... so if you ask me what i would like ? Hell yeah i like more love for 2h... BUT if you ask me to be objective... I think 2 handed are at the right place now.

There is no bonus for dual wield.. there is tradeoff - U sacrifice 16.5% hit chance u sacrifice the armor and block from shield.. to gain 15% Attack speed...

Wording about damage there is wrong too.. it Says "Reduces ur Offhand weapon damage by 33.3%" .. not its not reducing ONLY ur offhand weapon damage... IT is actually reducing 33.3% of your combined dmage from BOTH weapons. Difference is not 100 damage... Lets take a look at the above Epic items... Same tier...

2 x Axe 1h - 1610 damage = 3220 (1-0.33) = 2157 Damage

2h Axe gives 2577

So 2h deals exactly 20% more damage than dualwielding 2x1h Axes... Going for Faster weapons will increase the difference... and usually people who Dual wield go for faster weapon... cause they stack AS...

Daggers deal 1127 with 0.7 AS... so 1510 if dual wielding 2 epic daggers... her ethe loss is around 70% less Damage compared to 1.2AS 2h AXE (2577)

And -16.5% LOSS in HIT is actually huge... i am at +20% and still get dodges in 3star Arqes.. which is 52... Chaos... Oyron... u gotta have good HIT... starting from -16.5% thats around 1600 hit in runes just to get to 0% hit chance... Whats the point of having 6 extra runes.. when u gotta put in there 6 x 200 Hit runes, so u can barely reach what u just lost by going dual... and all that sacrifice of.... armor/block from shield... hit... or raw Damage form 2h which as we calculated is MINIMUM 20% if comparing the slowest weapons.... for what ? 15% multiplicative AS ? ... but hey... i admit.. My toon looks AWESOME with two swords/daggers on his back :)

I don't think we lose 4 enchants... i think 3 epics have 3 enchants... purple has 2

Edited once, last by Twizted ().

• I cannot talk numbers yet, I can only talk numbers after hitting level 60

But let me tell you what I will be aiming for and what I am aiming for

Firstly damage vs crit wise there is a pinnacle where they meet

In other words there is a optimal damage to crit ratio I do not deem 100% needed if you are going to sacrifice 1k damage for it.

So I will be aiming for 60-70% crit rate

as for critical damage I will be pushing for the 400%

Penetration I plan to swing it by not having any resist or as low resist as possible ( I do not know how much penetration that will be in the end)

If and when I make something it will only be offensive stats through and through

I am planning to make up for the loss of resist in hp and armor

Thus I might end up using a hammer, if not that then definitely an axe

But yes in short, max dmg, max crit viable, max cd, max penetration, max hit chance, max hp, with high armor